Improving Public Education
- Ensure that all children are receiving a high quality public education.
- Making public higher education affordable and accessible so that every student has the opportunity to achieve the American Dream.
- Invest in initiatives that increase access to high quality early childhood education.
- Support initiatives that create economic opportunities for the City of Lawrence.
- Support public & private partnerships that will stimulate community development in housing, employment, and youth development.
- Advocate to increase the minimum wage to $15.00.
- Increase funding for public safety measures.
- Fight the heroin epidemic by implementing criminal justice reforms, which prioritize treatment, rehabilitation, and successful re-entry practices.
- Develop and preserve effective reengagement programs and positive alternatives for young offenders.